Sunday, August 23, 2026

The Biggest Welsh Teams In the English Leagues Should Join The Welsh League

The Biggest Welsh Teams  In the English Leagues Should Join The Welsh League.

I think Cardiff City, Wrexham, Newport County, Swansea City, and Merthyr should join the Welsh leagues. 

I know they would give up the ambition to play in the English Premier League. 

I know they would get lower attendances. 

I know they would get less TV money.

I know they would not play big English clubs so often.  

But;

They could have a realistic chance of winning a national tier 1 league title. 

They could have regular football. 

They would have regular Welsh derbies. 

The big teams could get regular European football. 

It would prove that Wales is not a county of another country. 

It would raise the quality of the Welsh Cymru Premier. 

The Welsh league is very down the UEFA co-efficient rankings. 

If the biggest Welsh clubs played in the Welsh leagues, then the league would rise up the UEFA rankings. 
The biggest Welsh clubs would have a realistic chance of reaching the UEFA Champions League League Phase. and the same for the Europa League, and Conference League. 


I know they would make less money. But they would win more tier 1 trophies. And could still have friendlies against big English sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.